Serre Chevalier Ski Bus
Serre Chevalier’s ski bus runs as follows:
- first bus 06:32 (from Briançon Prorel) and 7:03 (from Monêtier Pré Chabert)
- last bus 22:02 (from Briançon Prorel) and 22:33 (from Monêtier Pré Chabert)
- buses come every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, hour, … all depends on the time of day!
- full schedule 15-21 December 2018 and 8-22 April 2019 is here
- full schedule 22 December 2018 – 7 April 2019 is here
IMPORTANT: Since winter 2017/18, Serre Chevalier’s ski bus is payable (editor’s note: we don’t agree with this, it has to be the only payable ski bus in the French Alps! ) The tarifs can be viewed here, where you can also pre-order your bus tickets e.g. day tickets, week tickets, month-long tickets… or tickets for the whole winter season.
If you want a single journey ticket (2€ adults, 1€ children 6-11 years old), a book of ten tickets (15€), a senior price, a free child ticket (for under six years old) … the list is endless… you can view where to buy these here. Worth noting that you can jump on the bus and pay the driver if buying a single ticket or requesting a free ticket for a child BUT you can only pay in cash! What a palaver – as you can tell we aren’t impressed!
Serre Chevalier Night Bus
The Serre Chevalier ski bus service is now also running the night bus, here are some key bus stops with times (prices as above):
Heading up the valley (direction Monêtier)
Departs Briançon Prorel 18:47, 19:17, 20:02, 20:47, 22:02 *
Departs Chantemerle main road 19:00, 19:30, 20:15, 21:00. 22:15
Departs Villeneuve main road 19:05, 19:35, 20:20, 21:06, 22:20
Heading down the valley (direction Briançon)
Departs Monêtier church 18:45, 19:15, 19:45, 20:30, 21:15, 22:30
Departs Villeneuve main road 19:00, 19:30, 20:00, 20:45, 21:30, 22:40
Departs Chantemerle main road 19:04, 19:34, 20:04, 20:49, 21:34, 22:44
- Note: returning to Briançon, the bus journey does not stop at Prorel; it stops at General de Gaulle which is five minutes walk away
Each village has its own free bus (navette) which usually runs every 20 minutes or so, taking skiers and snowboarders to and from their accommodation, back and forth to the ski/summer lifts. The Villeneuve sector has a little train too – read all about it here!
Bus service outside winter
To be confirmed once we see how the new payable bus service this winter has been received!