1. When leaving the airport you will automatically join a dual-carriageway.
2. After a few minutes, take the exit for ‘Autostrade – Tangenziale’ and this will join the motorway.
3. Follow signs to Fréjus and you will pass through three tolls costing around 12,-€ in total, each accepts cash or cards (look out for the correct queue to join depending on how you’re paying.) You will also drive through seven or so tunnels.
4. After the third toll, look out for the ‘SS24 Monginevro/Sestriere/Claviere’ exit and take this.
5. Follow signs to Monginevro (or Montgenèvre; French for Monginevro) and you will start climbing and eventually enter France and pass the Col du Montgenèvre (and Montgenèvre ski resort).
6. Now follow signs to Briançon. Briançon sits at the lowest end of Serre Chevalier and has previously been referred to as Serre Chevalier 1200.
7. Follow your accommodation provider’s directions to your accommodation, following signs for Grenoble if you are staying in Chantemerle, Villeneuve-La Salle-Le Bez or Le Monêtier les Bains.